With this week’s unveiling of the 2016 Global Leadership Summit speaker line up, we have officially launched what we call “Summit Season”.
The Global Leadership Summit doesn’t matter to me because it’s where I work. Rather, it’s where I work because the Global Leadership Summit matters so much to me.
For more than 20 years the GLS has been one of the key tools to inspire and equip my leadership.
And so, even as this week’s announcement has re-ignited my passion for 2016 event, it has also hearkened me back to how earlier Summits have impacted me. Here, for example, are my notes from last year’s GLS. This collection of top quotes have inspired me throughout the year. Perhaps they will for you too.
– “Self-sacrificing love is at the very core of leadership.” Bill Hybels
– “To rely on rank or title is an abdication of leadership.” Jim Collins
– “The other side of the coin from success is not failure, it’s growth.” Jim Collins
– “Creativity isn’t about drawing or writing. It’s about solving problems.” Ed Catmull
– “I have never met a powerful leader who was not okay with discomfort.”- Brene Brown
– “Curiosity is currency of the realm in leadership”- Brene Brown
– “Live for your eulogy not for your resume.” Albert Tate
-“You serve your people by leading them to excellence. That’s leadership.” – Horst Schulze
– “It is immoral to hire someone to fulfill a function. You hire someone to fulfill a dream.”- Horst Schulze
– “Leaders cannot do this journey without help from God.” Bill Hybels
– “If you want your team to remain relevant lead them into the unknown.”- Liz Wiseman
“You are not who others say you are. You are who God says you are.”- Craig Groeschel
My hope is that this refresher on last year’s Summit will similarly fire you up for this year’s event, and that you will join me in making the 2016 Global Leadership Summit a key tool in your personal development plan.
See you at the 2016 GLS.