Day 1 of the Global Leadership Summit was filled with incredible moments, inspiring talks and motivating challenges.
Along the way I captured 12 leadership quotes that particularly resonated with me.
Perhaps some of these will quicken your leadership pulse too.
1. “People join organizations. They leave managers”- Bill Hybels
2. “Staff cultures will only ever be as healthy as the senior pastor or CEO wants it to be”- Bill Hybels
3. “Leadership is getting more out of people than the science of management says you can”- Colin Powell
4. “Successful leaders infect people with their optimism”- Colin Powell
5. “Leaders promote people based on their potential, not their performance”-Colin Powell
6. “I can’t imagine being a Christ-like leader who doesn’t know and care about your people”- Patrick Lencioni
7. “Never get caught up in the great things of leadership & lose sight of the God things of leadership” Chris Brown
8. “It doesn’t matter who teaches the message. What matters is that the message gets taught.”- Chris Brown
9. “Our calling has to trump our culture”- Chris Brown
10. “Don’t ask, ‘How can I be the best leader I can be?’ Ask ‘How can I be the best Jesus I can be?'”- Chris Brown
11. “Leaders see people for who they are becoming, not who they were”- Bob Goff
12. “NO means ‘Next Opportunity'”- Mark Burnett
I can’t wait to see what Day 2 brings.