Media Survey Results: Part 4
Recently, Rick Warren commissioned pastors to dominate social media. (Read my post about it here)
Unlike books, authors, and podcasts, where there are clear “favourites” emerging, social media in general doesn’t seem to provide any clear-cut “winners”.
This may be because the field is growing so quickly that leaders haven’t had the chance to sort out who is worth “following” or “friending”. Then again, perhaps it’s simply that social media in general has yet provide the ministry impact leaders are looking for.
At any rate, here is a summary of what we found.
Which 3 BLOGS, Christian or secular, are currently having the most impact or relevance to your ministry?
Top 10 responses:
- If applicable, what 3 TWITTER accounts do you find most relevant to your ministry?
Note that no other Twitter account received more than one mention!
- If applicable, what 3 FACEBOOK pages, groups, or individuals do you find most relevant to your ministry?
No answer received more than one mention. It is notable, however, that a respondent’s home church page was cited many times.
- If applicable, what 3 YOUTUBE channels do you find most relevant to your ministry?
Only Northpoint’s YouTube channel received more than one mention
- If applicable, what 3 LINKEDIN brands, groups or individuals do you find most relevant to your ministry?
No answer received more than one mention.
- On a scale from 1 – 5 (where 5 is most important), how important are the following social media vehicles for your ministry?
What can we conclude from these findings? At this point, only that social media is an emerging tool, not a primary tool, for the leaders that took part in our survey.
This was not a scientific survey; it serves only to give you a quick snapshot as to what social media have been making an impact on Christian leaders in Canada in 2011.
The final question we asked gave opportunity for respondents to submit suggestions on what they would like to see us include in future surveys. We received great feedback, including sermon series ideas, governance models, and spiritual health.
If you find this type of information to be of value, please reply to this post and let me know what you’d like to see, or DM me on Twitter at @WScottCochrane.
What else would you like us to survey?